Sunday, September 20, 2009

Summer Highlights

Well, good evening peeps! I'm officially attempting to return to the blogging world, in an attempt to keep peeps updated on what's going on with me, share stories, put them on the Internet so I never forget them, and can read them when I'm 80 and explaining to to my grand kids what a "keyboard" was and what it was like to "plug-in" a cable.
"But grandpa, tell us the story of the mouse as well, we love that one! It's so weeeeeird."

"Well, kids, most things that came from the creator of Macs were very weird...oh, Macs, those were those computers that you saw at the Computer History Museum this yesterday, yeah, the dusty ones. Ancient things, never worth a penny. That's why they're nonexistent now."

What now, Mac fanboys! Bring it!

Ok, just kidding...I couldn't help myself. Plus, we all know it's true.

What a great way to get back in the spirit of blogging. Goooodness. No one's ever going to read this ever again.

Well, where to start now. What a train wreck of a start. Actually, no it was an epic success. But I can't just flow right into something else very smoothly. So here goes.

I'm back in Mexico! Woot woot! So I went home for a month and a half this summer, just to chilax, work a bit here and there, see Harry Potter, go to CreationFest and to head to the Grand Tetons for a family reunion with mi familia. Since la familia de mi padre lives in SoCal, I just rode back with them from Wyoming to LA, then took the train to San Diego, and got a ride down here to the mission. It went so smoothly, I was very grateful for that. Getting from Seattle to the Grand Tetons to LA to San Diego to Ensenada to Vicente Guerrero for $30 is a steal, let me tell you. I was able to spend a good amount of time with my cousins, who I love. We've always been on opposite ends of the country (north-south), but since I've been down here this past year, and again this year, I've been able to see them a lot and really get to know them better. Not just as cousins, but as really good friends. I miss them. Hopefully I'll be able to see them soon. And my aunt and uncle are amazing, totally just let me stay with them whenever, for however long I need. Amazing family.

But! The day before I left fro Washington, I was able to take the kids in House 7 (the older boys here...my boys) out to a day at the pools! And when I say "I was able to" what I really mean is my lovely friends and family were able to send the money down, and I passed it on to the house parents to have a special day with the entire house. During the spring, Geovani (one of my best friends here, lives in House 7) had talked to me about going to the pools one weekend. But then I never heard anything about it afterwards. Time went on, and I had forgotten about it. Then, out of nowhere, my friend Brandon offered to send me his tithing money, but not for my use, but to use how I wanted (and given the circumstances, it was a true blessing and proof that he is like the nicest guy alive on this earth). I had recently been up in Cali with my brother and our relatives up there. My uncle had also given me some money to use how I wished down here. And so I had this money...and I remembered that one time Geovani asked me to go to the pools with them, and wondered what happened with that idea.
So I asked him about it and he said that they didn't have enough money to do it. And so I showed him the offerings that were given by Brandon and my uncle Eric. And his eyes lit up, and we were like, "Now we can go to the pools!"
We started planning a big day, filled with fun and excitement. I was going to leave on Wednesday, so we planned it for Tuesday afternoon, after morning work hours. Our started with going to the pools, then coming home and ordering delivery pizza and soda, and I'd bring my laptop over with the projector and speakers and we'd have a movie night and a sleepover. They would just let me sleep in their house with them. They're lovely people. Then we'd wake up and have breakfast and go to Sala.

And it all went as planned, without a hitch. We all had a lovely time at the pools, played some soccer (duh), ate lunch their, and just relaxed for awhile. I have a good amount of video from this amazing occasion, and I am planning on making it into a video, in honor of Brandon and my uncle Eric, for making this whole thing possible. then we came home and ordered a couple pizzas (and yes, a "couple" pizzas is enough for 15 teenage guys, because, you should know that the Mexican extra grande really is what it says. It's this massive, I could comfortably fit like four of my laptops in it. Since I also do the garbage run here, I always know when people had pizza, cause not only do I find the boxes in the garbage cans, I can't get them out. They're so large they get stuck in the huge garbage cans. You have to fold them like 18 times just to fit them in. Anywhoozle...then we rearranged their living room to accommodate for all of us watching a couple movies together. Just a flawless day. All the kids had a blast, as you will be able to tell from the video. Hahaha...oh man, the pools were great. They were over the moon about being there all afternoon.

And that is what went on this summer. I left the next day...and it's all Washington from there on. I'll save that for another post. Kinda move on chronologically, until we get to the present. I have this big list next to me of things to put up here on my blog...but I have breakfast dish duty tomorrow (ugh), so I gotta hit the hay now. Did I get lucky or what, two weeks ago, I had breakfast dishes. Then this past week, Kevin asked me if I'd do his dinner dishes for him, and he'd pay me $10 for the whole week. And, since I haven't had a single peso in the past three weeks, I agreed. Apparently my money got stolen by the office in San Clemente. They thought it was for them, and cashed the check...who knows why, it freaking says my name on it! I love being without money, it's been great. Actually, in all seriousness, it's been a real learning process, cause I've really had to rely on God's blessing, and it's been amazing to see all the food that's found its way into my trailer despite not being able to buy any. All the random places it's come from, it's just been cool to see God helping me out like this, and well...I hope my money that the San Clemente office stole was put to good use hahahaha. Gaaaaaaah.

Whatever. I'm so over it.

I'll be working on writing up this list of stuff I have right here this next week and weekend. I'm not going away.

P.S. Again, an extra huge thanks to Brandon and uncle Eric for providing the funds to make that day possible, and just really let the kids go out and have a blast! Thanks again! There's a pool party waiting for you in Heaven, I'm sure.



Let it all out, get it all out, rip it out, remove it,
Don't be alarmed when the wound begins to bleed.
We're so scared to find out, what this life's all about, so scared we're going to lose it,
Not knowing all along, that's exactly what we need.

You said I know that this will hurt,
But if I don't break your heart, and things will just get worse.
When the burden seems to much to bear,
Remember, the end will justify the pain it took to get us there.

And I'll let it be known, times I have shown, signs of all my weakness, but somewhere in me, There is strength.
You promised me, that you believe, in time I will defeat this, cause somewhere in me,
There is strength.

And today I'll trust you with the confidence of a man who's never known defeat, but I'll try my Best to just forget that that man isn't me.
But tomorrow, upon hearing what I did, I will stare at you in disbelief.
Oh, inconsistent me, crying out for consistency

Reach out to me, make my heart brand new, every beat will be for You. And You know,
You know you touched my life, when You touched my heavy heart and made it light.


Let It All Out
Relient K

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Brandon and Eric, that is awesome.

    Be nice to the Mac fanboys, sure it's easy to diss them, but its like wrestling a quadriplegic. You will probably win but that doesn't mean you should do it!

    Glad to know you aren't starving.

    ReplyDelete