Friday, April 10, 2009

BEDA - April 10th

So........................................................

Big news from yesterday???

This mission, FFHM, is now free.
Without being too happy and jumpy about it, basically, our administrator (NOT the good one, the "other" one) was, well, released of his, ummm, responsibilities here. How/Why he had them in the first place is up to the people who put him there, and I would've loved to have been in that meeting where it was decided. Oh, that would have been epic, knowing everything I do now. Obviously, when he was appointed, I wasn't here at the mission yet, and didn't even know the guy existed. Still...it's a huge relief to the staff here. Spirits are up/returned. The staff that were asked to leave can now come back, and boy are they missed. All in all, things are looking up, that's for sure. We don't even have a clue who's going to fill his spot. To be perfectly honest though, I don't think many people actually care about that now. Everyone's just happy the board actually came down and listened, and also, stayed longer than they planned just so they could hear everyone out. At the meeting yesterday, it was said that three of the board members heard from God, assuring them they'd made the right decision. My assumption was that they were the three that came down here to hear the staff out, but I could be wrong. Just assuming. I'm so curious as to what it was they heard. That would be an interesting story. Maybe someday. I don't really know what else to say about it...we're all just over the moon about it. (And the dish ran away with the spoon.)

Today...wow, was just a great day to be alive! We (Kelcie, Deborah, Chris and I) went to the San Quintin Bay or whatever it is called. Basically, just drive to San Quintin, and go west. Stop when you hit the ocean, but preferably a bit earlier, cause they don't appreciate cars in their ocean. Makes it look messy. So, we're loading up in the car, just about to leave the mission, when I look up at the incoming clouds and say, "Hey, I think it's going to rain." Good ole optimistic Kelcie replies with an assuring "No, those clouds are going the other way." Ahhh, phew. Good. Cause Chris and I are sitting in the bed of the truck, wouldn't want it to rain. One hour later, as we arrived at the beach, our lovely rookie Meteorologist Kelcie Gibson, 21, of B.C. was performing just as well as any other meteorologist: it was raining. Not just raining, though, raining harder than I've seen in months. Which might be attributed to the fact that I actually haven't seen rain in the past few months. But nonetheless, it's still true.
We played around on the beach for like 20-30 minutes. Already being soaked, it didn't really matter to us if we got more wet. But boy were we in for a treat on the way home. I wish I had the pictures from Kelcie to display this to you visually. I must admit, it was quite epic indeed. We drove out there with Deborah and Kelcie in the cab, and Chris and me laying down in the bed. Naturally, it was only a two seater. What other options did we have?? There's no way you can fit 4 people in a two seater.
Not so.
The way home, we defied the rules of two seaters. We almost defied the rules of gravity as well, going over so many massive bumps and holes, but we were to squished to be able to bounce in the air. Four people in about 6 feet of horizontal space. Chris driving, Deborah and Kelcie somehow sharing the the other seat, and me no where to be seen in between. I think it's safe to say that the concept of personal bubbles were abolished for this particular ride home. Yay for personal-bubble popping.

Tomorrow is Saturday...and wedding day! Robert and Theresa are getting married. Robert asked me to do sound, so I'm running the sound for the actual ceremony...and I presume will be moving right on to Head Food Eater at the reception, but he never mentioned that. I'm sure it was implied though. He's a nice guy.

Finally, I heard this great quote yesterday from Andrea's dad, Keith. We were sitting there talking about electricity, which sparked (yes, sparked) a conversation about his work, where he's constantly bringing up Jesus in their work. And his quote was as follows:
"Jesus did not come to bring people together, (What??? Run that by me again?!?) he came to separate them. Believers and non-believers."

And I just thought that was so profound. I was a little shocked at first when he said "He didn't come to bring people together." I just automatically thought, what, yes, of course he came to bring us all together, to gather in His name, all that. How can you say that wasn't his purpose. But then he finished it...and I was astounded. I thought it was great. Loved it. Yep! thanks Keith!
(He's hilarious as well)

That seems to be about it for this evening. I need to get some real sleep before I start being in charge of the sound at this wedding. I have to be fully awake and prepared in case someone starts singing alone who really shouldn't be (COUGH! Mr. Avitia COUGH!).

Buenas Noches!

DFTBA!

Thobinator

(1\3 of the way done! Maureen, you're evil.)

P.S. Maureen's featured blog today is from this guy named Tobias, which is significant in itself. But he also explains how Google's PageRank works, using some intense mathematics. Oh, how much I love him right now. Very good blog post. (Hey Deborah, go check it out. I saw a ton of ½ and ¼ all over the place!)
But still not done with the awesomeness! On this epic blog post, after Google Search has been explained, this girl left a comment saying:
"Oh my, you had me scared at me at MATH in the title. But I followed along! It's very interesting. Wow.

Also, I love any name that starts with Tob, so I like your name."

Hmmm...where has she been all my life???????

No comments:

Post a Comment