Monday, April 6, 2009

BEDA - April 6th

Starting things off today is a wonderful anagram, provided by my buddy/teacher Heather. If you didn't see, the phrase is

"What a piece of work is man"

and here is what I got:


- I am with: a fork, snow, peace.

- Chinese! Wait for a wok map!

- I, a man, seekith wrap of cow.

- Ah, we primates cook iFawn.

- Wam!! A spike of war hit once.


There you go Heather, and thanks a bunches of bunches. That was uber blastful. Soooo enjoyable. I wonder why I never tried that before, missed out on a whole decade of anagraming. It's so exciting when you finally get the last letters into a word, and everything fits. Even if it doesn't make complete sense...it's great fun. Such a successful feeling. Anywho! Yeah....thanks. Always up for more! :)

And, I have some great stories from church last night. My, what a night. Obviously, nothing quite like that last time, with flags, forehead-slapfests, and whatnot. No no, this time, it was the Attack of the Childish Children. (That's ACC. No, not AAC - the file format of iTunes for those that were wondering). The ACC last night started off with Row 2 Boy (we're in Row 0, 1 is directly in front of us, 2 is in front of that...3 in front of that).
Row 2: Little kid of 8-ish, wearing the orange jacket (Yeah, you buddy!!! I'm calling you out!) would be sitting there...then turn around and stare at me. For a good amount of time. I'd look at him and smile...then look back at the stage, and he'd still being staring. So I'd look back and make a funny face at him. That was the only way to get him to turn around. I was really doing quite well on practicing my funny faces. Good thing there were no cameras nearby, or you'd never read another day of this. So, throughout the service, this kid is peering into my soul, all the while Row 1 Boy starts, well, losing control of his own soul.
Well, to be perfectly honest, I don't remember seeing a point that reflected him having control of his soul. First, he had his mom's key ring (decked out in like 10 keys), a little plastic soldier thing, and two pesos. He sat on the ground, facing his chair, and dropped the keys - over and over and over - onto his chair. I've heard planes take off quieter. And he keeps that up, while his mom sits next to him, somehow paying attention to the sermon.
Next, Deborah's foot is sitting in the space between Row 1 By's chair and the chair next to it. So this kid starts playing the drums; hitting his knee, then Deborah's foot, his knee, her foot. Again, and again. He never showed any notion that he knew who's foot that was. Never looked back at us during it, nothing. Just hit it every other beat. I even put my foot on top of hers for a beat or two, and he just kept it right up. So we laughed at with him.
While laughing, Row 3 Boy, like 11 or so, starts pretending that it's snowing INSIDE our church in MEXICO and points his head up in the air, sticks out his tongue, seemingly attempting to catch snowflakes. Last time I checked, it didn't snow in Vicente Guerrero in April...or ever. Especially not indoors. But no matter to Row 3 Boy. You know you've done that before, the typical stick your tongue out as far as possible, creating the largest surface area for catching things. This kid had that pat down for sure...now he needs to jump on getting the snowflakes inside. But his ability to act normal in church definitely hit home with our funny bone. We just cracked up. Now, finally add in Row 2 Girl, all of 3 or so, randomly screaming at what seemed to be the same pitch as my microwave. Nothing long, no never-ending scream. Just quick short bursts interfering with the wireless mics.
We thought everything was over then. How mistaken we were.
Row 1 Boy doesn't want to feel out-done by all these other kids, so what does he do? He grabs his mom's sweatshirt, places it in his mouth (full on biting it), and starts shaking his head. The sweatshirt swinging back and forth, back and forth. Faster...faster...and he keeps going. He kept at it for at least a couple minutes, putting that sweatshirt through torture. He eventually put the sweatshirt down...but kept going with the head-shaking. Apparently that was fun at that age. I was too busy putting snakes in my mailbox for the mail lady to worry about shaking my head around. It was closer to getting beat around like the Atkins spokesperson touring the Willy Wonka factory.
To finish off the night, the sign language guy to the right of us was always looking at us, smiling, waving, lifting his eyebrows, giving us the thumbs up. Who knows, maybe thumbs up is something different to us than it is to him. Maybe in sign language, he was smiling, waving, lifting his eyebrows, and saying he was getting ready to eat us. Maybe the thumbs up is, prepare to be eaten. He very well could have been visualizing our roasted thighs, failing to communicate that small fact to us. Now I'm scared to see him again...he'll probably whip out his sign language grilling skills on us.
Last but not least, towards the end of the sermon (we're sitting upstairs again), this guy gets up and goes to the small window in the back, hangs out of it, and starts yelling. Who knows what...hope it wasn't too important, cause the good majority of the upstairs turned and looked at him. He didn't seem to care that he was pleasantly yelling, interrupting, AND providing for our entertainment all at the same time.
And that was church for the weekend. Always something new going on, something funny and worth blogging about when I otherwise might be running low on ideas. And it's only the 6th. Ewwww. More topics! Oh, I could do why the sky is blue! II got to explain that this evening. I always love getting the chance to share that, cause there is ALWAYS someone who says "cause it reflects off the ocean." (cough!) No, that is not the reason. Far from it. Why is the sky in Kansas just as blue as in Washington. Theory = SHOT DOWN! No, it has to do with the wavelengths of lights. And, I won't plagiarize someone else with explaining it all. The link to the explanation can be found here: Why the Sky is Blue.





This is Kelcie's funny drawing during church. Yes, it was followed by more and more laughing. And yes, we're very mature and respectful in church. This Sunday wasn't our best representation of that though.



We went to the beach tonight to have a bonfire. We found this old Christmas tree out in the back of the mission, and decided it was great wood. So we brought it...and burnt it all at once. Great flames, almost too much heat. But so worth it.



Myself, flying on my personal Firebolt.



Kelcie and Deborah came with me on the garbage run today! :)



This lamesaucy dog followed us home all the way from Smokey's. It would NOT leave, not matter what. TWO days later...it was sitting under my truck I used everyday, apparently just waiting for me to come and grab the truck. Somehow it knew I ws coming to that truck. Traced my scent from the day before? I don't know, but the dog was annoying.

2 comments:

  1. Dan and I got quite the giggle from the anagrams,
    good stuff.

    Oh, but um,I'm pretty sure somewhere, at some point, some one has mentioned to you that you shouldn't play with fire.
    Never MIND jumping around with flaming sticks between your legs.
    I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My belief is that if it involves, resembles, or imitates Harry Potter in any way, it's ok. Even encouraged.

    (I probably just lost like 10 daily views for that too...thanks)

    ReplyDelete