Thursday, April 9, 2009

BEDA - April 9th

As many of you know...today has been utterly fantastic. I would easily say that it's up there in one of the best days since being here. The month of December still owns when my friends from Canada came again, and then two weeks later my fam fam came to visit, but this is definitely next. But...look at the time, it's 3 in the morning already, and I'm not about to start typing up some epicness at this ridiculous hour. I've already fallen asleep twice this evening, one five hours ago, and one an hour ago. I'm done with falling asleep and then having to wake up again. It sucks. So I refuse. I'm REALLY going to sleep now. BEDA is not/never was/never will be, be exciting, informative, and epic every single day. Awesome, yes. But long and intense stories, no.
I can give you a couple things though, just to keep up the awesome. DFTBA!

My oldest broseph, Derek, sent me two of his new songs on Tuesday night..and I have yet to listen to any other songs since then. Yesterday alone I listened to each song over 50 times. It's addicting. I'm not sure about his rules on sending them out, or whatever, with all that cool stuff. But if you're interested, I'm sure he'd love to let as many people listen to them as possible. If not...well, he can tell me, and I'll edit this, no one will ever notice, and it will be like I never said anything. But as of now...the songs are mind-blowing (hence the 50 times in each in one day).

Also, great surprise today. First, the garbage truck broke down, which made us really late. We got back a few minutes before lunch...and I was sitting in the courtyard, just like usual, and I looked over and saw Hayden and Hillary standing by the door. I freaked. Ran and gave them a big hug. Hayden was THE "awesome" one in one of the "awesome" groups my first month here. I loved that kid. He was amazing at soccer, loved playing ALMOST as much as me, and, well, he was just awesome. I had no idea he was coming back. SO it was wonderful to finally see him again. We played soccer for an hour after lunch with about 8 or 9 of the little kids out in front of the New Staff Housing. Andrea's parents got some pictures, so when I get those from her, I'll add them on here. And Hillary was just here about three weeks ago? A month? I think it was a month ago. She had this great group, from the same city as Hayden, just different people. Lots of coolios. Hillary was the best though. And she's back. So yep...that was a great surprise. Not to mention that Deborah and Chris are already here, and Abby was here this week as well (she left today). So yeah, it's been a hectic week. Yay for three hours of sleep a night!! I love it. Probably the best part of my day, waking up and going, "Man, sleep sucks, I'm so glad I NEVER get the chance to enjoy it. Then I might start liking it."

And it's creeping right up on 4 now...and I am going to see the whales tomorrow. Woot woot!! They better be entertaining, or I'm going to fall asleep on them.


Not literally. That'd be awkward. And deadly.


Goodnight!

Sorry this was so epically rushed and boring...(twss) but I really have to go to bed. I promise a better update on why today was awesome. And no, it's not because Alex Day is 20 and a day.

Oh goodness, I'm so done and going to sleeeeeeeeeep.

toodaloo, caribou.

2 comments:

  1. Was it awesome because Sam Friedman was 22 and a day? Yep, that's totally what you meant. Glad you're having a good week. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, sorry, I didn't know it was her birthday as well. And, I don't 'know" her as well (not that I know Alex at all either...it could be argued that I "know" Sam better because I know Eli who knows Eia who knows Sam, or I've talked to Kristina who knows Sam, or just because she lives in Seattle. Either one works). I'll be talking to you soon!

    ReplyDelete