Thursday, April 2, 2009

BEDA - April 2nd

So..here we are again. Hello all. Another day to write out my mind. Right now, I'm watching DFTBA Radio on BlogTv. Just finished watching Maureen Johnson (and she mentioned my name too!!!) and Mr. Hank Green is coming up next (yes, he is a geeky environmental webmaster). During Maureen's stint on the BlogTV collab channel, she read from her new book, Suite Scarlett, started a new matching service for Nerdfighters, and prepared the way for Hank. I am currently watching him now...and he's dressed as a girl, in a tutu and a tank top, eating dinner with his wife while watching Sex and the City...all the while, 300 people watch him live. Creepy? Not if you're a nerdfighter. Weird?? Yeah, a little.

Ansyways...now down to mission news. Hmmm, well, this week has been absolutely fantast, in regards to the meals haha. Monday, we had taco salad. Tuesday, Mexican/normal pizza. And today, spaghetti. WITH meat! Mhhhmmmm. So good. This is a rather surprising week. The kitchen's just been pumping out the good stuff. And watch, now that I say that, tomorrow it's going to be lentil soup. I know it. I can feel it coming. Whatever, it's French toast for breakfast, so that can hold me over!

Today, Chewy (Jesùs) didn't have school, so he came on the garbage run with the visitors, Paul, and me. (Pictures to be added below). For some reason, today was like a mission wide Toss Out Your Fluorescent Tubes Fest. So we had like 8 of them at the dump, which was wonderful. And yes, we have a game for that. We have a game for everything at the dump. Trust me, we make it fun. Anyway, so we take our fluorescent tubes and, naturally, use them as baseball bats to smack rocks into the garbage piles. The only bad thing is, you only get one hit out of them. One solid connection and your tube is done. But it's so worth it. The pressurized gas inside explodes and shoots the end of the tube deep into left field. While the rock uneventfully falls to the ground. We have a game for oranges, fluorescent tubes, glass bottles, teddy bears, tire tubes...uhhh...what else? Or, mops. And a couple more, I just can't think of them right now.

Also, the FFHM board came down from San Clemente today to discuss "certain" things which I do believe I am not at liberty to discuss at the moment. They're having private meetings with a large number of the staff here to get a better look at what is happening with our admins (and by admins, I mean admin, singular). But, hopefully, by the weekend, I'll be able to share the epicness held within. You know something's wrong when the board has to come down to sort things out, and our own admins here can't do it. Oh wait, what admins here? They're all too busy abusing their positions. I feel like I should go on a huge rant right now to express my anger over certain admins...but alas, he's figured out how to use the Internet, so I shouldn't partake it such atrocities. Not yet at least. But the day he's gone...boy, it'll rip. And there will be rejoicing in the streets (dirt that cars drive on), singing in the rain (if we had rain) and dancing through the strawberry fields (trust me, we have those)! Man I wish I could just let my madness out right now. but it's late. Time for bed. And the board is still here till tomorrow, so I'll chilax for a bit, keep on the down-low, until the time has come for me to share. Sound like a plan?

And, to end a successful blog like my buddy Leo Laporte:
Another blog....is in the can...




Making good use of random things we find in our garbage. Yes, we went all the way to the dump with that hip styrofoam dude on our suburban. He felt special. I could tell.



The Maintenance Hefe, Mr. Shatto.



Paùlissocoollike. You know it. He doesn't work at the mission, is affiliated in no way whatsoever, but shows up every Mon/Wed/Fri, to help me with the garbage run. Never late. Hardest worker around. Has no incentive. Speaks no English. Has one upper tooth, making it hard even for the Mexicans to understand him. Has no family..immediate or distant (that we no of). And above all, has the best attitude around. Not a single complaint. Doesn't stop working. Goes the extra 5 miles for anything.



Visitors Wendy and Matt, myself, and Paùl, chillaxin' at the Nut House.



A visitor, Wendy, and Paùl...and Fernie sneaking into the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment