Friday, April 3, 2009

BEDA - April 3rd

Good day to all you April 3rd-ers. We're moving right along on this wonderful Tour of April. I just typo'd April, and suddenly (randomly) got the urge to anagram "Tour of April" so here we go:

Tour of April

1)To rap Of Ruli.
2)Pail For Rout
3)Rat Pro Of Lui
4)Liar For Pout
5)Frat Pool Uri
6)Fool Air Rupt
7)Pour For Tail
8)Prof. Our Tail!
9)Loop Fart Rui
10)Pro Fail Tour

And there you have it. Wow...that was more fun than I thought. And so utterly random. I'm definitely going to do that more often! Hey, if you've got a word/phrase you want me to anagram, leave a comment below with said word/phrase! That will be wicked sweet. Please...someone...that was fun. It'll just take you a minute. Anything. And word. Any phrase. Heck, do more than one if you want.

Moving on! Today was an epic day, to say the least. But wait, I need to sum up yesterday first before I start with today.

Yesterday, I finished my most recent book, Paper Towns (SPOILERS), by Nerdfighter and world suck decreaser, John Green. All in all, fantastic book, which comes as no surprise seeing as he also wrote Looking for Alaska (2005) and An Abundance of Katherines (2006). As of now, though, I think I like them in the order of release, his first book is my favorite, followed by the second, and third. Which is weird...I think at least, cause normally, it's like, ohh, "I love this author, can't wait to finish his new book (unlike Karissa)!" And then that new release is my new favorite book. But it's exactly opposite with this guy. It's fine, I still loved Paper Towns...I just liked Alaska, cause it was a lot deeper. Dealt with a lot of teen issues, in an extraordinary way. Katherines was just downright hilarious. And I loved the math that went on the whole time. And Paper Towns, I think, was right in the middle of those two respects. It wasn't overly deep, but enough to really make you think. And it wasn't dying on the floor laughing (although I was crying at one point), but it definitely had its funny parts. There is ALWAYS that one guy who is just there to make you laugh. And he did. I really want to read Alaska again though. It's been awhile. And I totally recommend recommend all these books to anyone...over the age of say...16? 17? I don't know. They definitely have their moments. And the perk? You get the second best(only to HP) fandom to go right along with you. You have a blast, watching author John with his weekly videos, loyal decreasers of world suck and a Made of Awesome brother, Hank Green, to join as well. The only thing the John/Hank Green - Brotherhood 2.0 Nerdfighterness is missing is a podcast. That's where HP owns. I also realize that it's A LOT easier to have a HP-related podcast than a Nerdfighter podcast. Or...at least was. Cause we didn't know what would happen with HP back in the day. There was room for speculation and such. John's books don't have that factor. Not that they should..not they're missing that. Just different writing styles. Anywhosies...yeah...John Green...hilarious man. Great writer. Epic YouTuber. And anagrams quite well!

And NOW for today...

Wow. Today was an epic day altogether. We (Kevin and I...Kevin being my computer supervisor) finished the new staff lounge. Bought, stripped, rebuilt, and programmed four new computers for the computer-less staff to use. Pictures below! That room was the old PR office. The PR peeps got moved to a new office in the Visitor Center. Then the construction crew took over and remodeled the room, preparing it for a small, private phone room, and our four computers. We've been working on these computers for weeks. Kevin is still programming the server, to be used for various projects and networks. It currently has 1.5 terabytes (1500 GBs). Yeah baby! Now that we're done with the new staff lounge, we have a new one! Take the old staff lounge apart. Yay! We've got about 8 ANCIENT computers in there (hence the need for new computers), so we're dismantling those 8, donating them to a youth center in town, and clearing out the room of anything and everything related to the old lounge. Then, we're remodeling it...cause...well, it's quite shabby. I'll get pics of it tomorrow, before and after we start taking it down. And, finally, the reason it's being remodeled is because...it's our new office!! Yay computer department! No more jammed messy upstairs hideaway...even though I really did like you. Best room I've ever had. You've been nice to me. And I loved sleeping with you. It was dark, quiet, and you kept me warm. My new room won't be so kind.
Our new room, after remodeled, is going to house an office (with couch and projector...the techy kind of "office"); a workroom with workbenches running the length of the walls for computer building/repairing; a large portion of storage for spare computer parts, network and system tools, wires, printers, and who knows what else; and finally, a server room, housing all the servers/databases for the entire mission, and we're also going to be re-wiring the four different networks we have here to go right into the server room. Instead of one in the school, one in the office, one in the Bible school, and one in our room. So that will be nice. Easy for Kevin to keep all the networks up and running from one physical location. And yeah...I think that's about it regarding a computer department update. I'm sure I'll have more tomorrow, or this weekend.

The last story of today is the one dealing with the whole administration controversy around here. As stated before, the San Clemente board came down last night, to deal with the flooding of letters they've received from staff here regarding our administrators. They sat in meetings ALL day today, personal meetings, with roughly 30 different people (or so I heard). And the story is that the meetings went very well. The board listened. They were fair. They were understanding. And they're going to take action against the administrators, in some form or another. But something is being done, it's a huge step in the right direction, and the atmosphere already feels a little different knowing that we're not alone anymore. Administration over-ruled. Take that. We're all volunteering here to work for God, not you, and the way you treat us doesn't make us want to do either. We just want to get out of here, before you kick us out for no good reason. But no more. Board members FTW! Yay!

Ok...wow, I think that will be enough ranting for tonight. It was just overdue. This has been going on for months. It was time to get it out and let go of it. And now, to more exciting news...BED!
Time for bed. It's 3:50. and I have to get up in 3.5 hours. Awesome. Goodnight!!





Bonnie and myself. She's UBER awesome and I love her and she can cook like only one other. Dorothy. They're just about tied, I would say. But Bonnie pwns in life outside of cooking.




Daniel...Juan Carlos' son. I found him messing around in the staff lounge as I was setting it all up. He's not allowed in there, as cute as he is.




Our brand new staff computer room, full of computers that actually work and don't explode. Oh wait...I'm getting them confused with Macs. :)
No, these work wonderfully.




OK, my only problem with this is..how do you attract customers in your store with that?? What kind of marketing plea is that?? Reverse psychology? What? What is it? How can that be productive to running a business when it''s on your front door?? i don't understand!!




This is the inside of our new staff server. Yes, as you can tell (probably not though haha), that was four 500GB hard drives and 8GB DDR2 RAM. It's haulin'.

1 comment:

  1. Anagram this:

    What a piece of work is man


    I love the smell of new (ish) computers in the morning. Smells like victory.

    ReplyDelete