Sunday, April 19, 2009

BEDA - April 19th

Today was hooooooooooottttttt. I woke up late...again...like 1-ish. Didn't go outside or even see a ray of sunlight till about 5. I stepped out the door and bam...it was still uber hot. I couldn't believe just how hot it was though, seriously...I walked to my trailer, and it was sooooooooooo hot in there. Then Kelcie came over and we just hung out and talked for awhile. Totally unmotivated to anything whatsoever, least of which would be get up and walk all the way to church. What a chore that turns out to be when it's this hot.

Really...the only news I have for today is something I just thought was funny from yesterday. Cultural thing...growing up at the mission thing...being young thing...I'm not sure. But yesterday, I was walking over to the soccer field, and this girl from Casa 6 stopped and reminded me that I was supposed to show her my family photos. so i stopped, turned around, and retrieved my pictures and computer so I could show her what I had. Not a whole lot of pictures, just a couple of my brothers, and some of my friends. After we'd gone through them all, she explained that "she wanted to ask me something, but didn't know how."

So she's start..."I was wondering, and only if you want to..." and then she start nervously laughing, and stop. And then say she's really nervous. And not finish the question. And then start up again, and then not finish. Again. "I'm too nervous," she'd say. And then I started getting nervous! What could possibly be so big that she was getting nervous just by starting to talk about it?? And she hadn't even gotten to the point yet! So I waited...and waited...and she can jumping back and forth between about to say something, and too nervous to say anything more. Finally...she made me hold up my computer in between us so I couldn't see her while she asked it (finally). Eventually, she said, "I was wondering, and ONLY if you want to, and ONLY if you're fine with it, but it's fine of you don't want to, but I was wondering if you would give me your email address."

I was like....phew!! I thought she'd lit my trailer on fire, or was asking to marry my brother (who she's in love with). Something extreme. But nope...my email. I twas so strange to me to see someone struggle that hard to ask for an email address. I could see if it was like a social security number. Maybe a personal phone number that only the president used. But that struck me as intriguing. At how mainstream and global email is to me, where I readily post my email address on the Internet (look to your right) without a second thought. And down here...it's still a big deal (at least at the mission), cause Internet here at the mission is relatively new, within the past few years at least. Anywho...it was just so funny watching her build it up to that. An email address. I told her, well, I have like 4, which one do you want? That's how bad it's getting haha. Whatevers...I don't really know where I'm going with this. i just thought it was hilarious. And I definitely had a laugh over it. And maybe I'm just looking for anything to blog about. Probably. Sounds like a plan. but TJ next week. that should be a fun-filled week, with video cameras, video updates, and too much time reformatting and fixing computers.

Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment